Looking to jam, join, or form a band

Hi everyone,

I’m really excited to start looking for some other musicians to jam with or possibly join or form a band.

Just posted my ad on Craigslist and I’ve got a few leads already.

Let me know if you know anyone who might be a good match for me, or just check out my demos videos, if you want!

Cheers,
Byron

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Byron. I wonder if there is a way to make this type of topic more discoverable for others looking to match up with you and jam.

@ianbassett @seanbassett we should think about this.

Related, I have seen some interesting open-source software called Jamulus and Ninjam that can facilitate jams. I have been curious to try these out.

Great post Byron! It has been a joy to watch you put these together from start to finish. I am happy to see these posted on the forum.

@rpekrul I completely agree, let’s look into this.

1 Like

Thanks @rpekrul and @ianbassett!! My first audition went well, although didn’t play as well as I hoped. Luckily the band leader liked my style and my ideas!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It was great to bring my first guitar to the audition, a 1980s SG Special 400. I’ve had it since I was 15 and will never sell it. Two single coils and a humbucker in the bridge position give it a really unique sound for a Gibson.

I’m aware of that guitar - good choice for the audition! We never play as well as we hope. Being able to play at all is usually a success!